Extended Stay Hotel - Filthy, understaffed, and in dire need of repair

I stayed a week at the Extended Stay on Evans in Denver, CO. The hotel was filthy and in dire need of repair.

My room had not been cleaned before I arrived and had to have it cleaned after I checked in.

I was told they don't have enough housekeeping staff. I needed clean towels once during my stay since I only had one towel, one face cloth and one hand towel. I was told they didn't have enough and couldn't have any.

The hairdryer fell off the wall, the A/C unit didn't work, and half of the electrical outlets didn't work. I was told they didn't have a maintenance person. Luckily the room was on the 3rd floor and I could open the window and get some cool air through the room during the night.

I could not get my reservation money back because they said it was non refundable, so I was forced to stay.

The police were at the hotel 3 times (that I saw) during my stay and the clerk told me they had a prostitution problem at the hotel.

I contacted the Corporate Office for an answer to get a response from them. It has been over a week and nothing.

I am quite certain I will NEVER hear from them. And, if I do, I don't think it will matter to these greedy people who don't care about guest satisfaction.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Quality of Food
Quality of Accommodation
Facilities and Services

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Lack of cleanliness in hotel
    • Customer service

Monetary loss:
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #874515 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Extended Stay Hotel? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 30 #1192479

After finally contacting the BBB and having them work the issue for me, Extended Stay corporate office provided a refund. Extended Stay never contacted me directly after repeated attempts. The BBB was the only agency that was able to resolve the issue.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.